Saturday, August 13, 2011

Support Works!

We have changed our Job Readiness Training component of Support Works to better serve our clients. Job Readiness Training classes are presented on Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.; and individual assistance is available by appointment from 11:00 a.m. to 12 noon. Please call 916-685-8453, extension 5 for an appointment.

The following is a portion of an email that Support Works Program Manager, Mary Ann Chappelle, received from a client. Our client is currently working with volunteers in the Job Readiness Training and Support Group components of our Program.

"I want you to know that I appreciate all the efforts you have made on my behalf. Every week that I attend Support Works has truly made a difference in my life. Whenever I get the opportunity, I talk to people about this program and how it has helped me.

It is so hard to find work right now, and this program helps me stay encouraged to keep looking, to find ways that I might improve myself. I also get help and emotional support from the other ladies that come to group and the wonderful volunteers that give of their time and knowledge so graciously."

If you could use assistance in jump-starting your job search, our talented volunteers with an amazing success rate are here to guide you back into the workforce.

1 comment:

  1. One of our clients stopped in to announce that she will be starting a new job on Thursday. She is so thankful for the help and encouragement of our knowledgeable and compassionate volunteers.

    ReplyDelete